My mom will just never be satisfied with what I do with my life. I think that tonight when I told her I was planning to take a leave of absence from work in order to go study abroad in Spain to finish up my B.A. in Spanish (which is her native language, which I am studying to learn more about my heritage and which I have a straight 4.0 in - yes 4.0 in my entire degree - yes - every class) she must not have heard me right. I don't know - she reacted almost as badly as she did when I told her I was gay 13 years ago. She acted like I am crazy, and told me that I really need to think this out more. Then she said that we could talk more about this later, as if she really has a say about what I do with my life. I AM 31 DAMMIT! I have been in my own career for eight years now, and I make my own money. I own my own home, I don't go to my parents for money or sustenance or for anything really, other than support and love, and sometimes I just really don't think that they get that.
I just feel so frustrated and so unsupported right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment