So, as funerals go, my friend's mom's was great. That doesn't quite seem right to say, but what I mean is that when I die, I hope my funeral is as special as hers was.
Her children and even her ex husband spoke beautifully about her and really eulogized her well. There was a video of pictures of her and the words of her life story accompanied by her niece playing the piano. Then, at least 10 people, probably more like 15 came up to share personal interactions they had with her that left a lasting impression; students, friends, relatives... It was just absolutely awesome. Again, I know awesome and funeral don't go together, but really I don't have a better way to describe it. To say it was nice would be an understatement.
I have also decided that I absolutely want to be cremated. I don't people's last memory of me to be me lying in a coffin looking dead. That is creepy. I want people to remember me through photos and stories, just like was done this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment