Sometimes I start to think that maybe I would just be better off alone in the long run. I feel like the hunt for a person who will make you happy is nearly impossible. Maybe it is because I have been hurt in the past, or maybe it is because I am too picky, but I just find "the hunt" to be exhausting and generally disappointing. Maybe love has passed me by...sometimes that is what it feels like. I have certainly been in love, so I guess that I am really lucky in that sense. I mean, I know I am young and there are probably plenty of other single people out there, but is there really someone for me? After all, they (whoever "they" are) always say "there is someone for everyone" but I just don't know. I feel that all of my relationship efforts have been failures.
Sometimes, even after a wonderful weekend with friends and doing everything I would ever want to, I still feel like there is just something missing. Is it a person? Is it a significant other? Maybe, but somehow, I just can't believe that it is possible to meet someone who will really treat me like I deserve to be treated; someone who will understand me and love me for who I am and act silly with me and be passionate toward me. Could there really be a person like that? I honestly have started to lose hope, because people in general are selfish, impatient and wander around the world depressed with their heads down - never looking up to see that someone might be smiling at them, and therefore they will miss that person and continue on in their same rut of a life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Whenever someone tells me that "there's a person out there for you" or "it will happen when you least expect it" I want to seriously punch them. So I won't say that to you :). Don't give up hope though. You'll find someone good enough. Maybe you already have.
Thanks for that! I was having a major moment of frustration. :)
Post a Comment