Saturday, May 31, 2008

right now she controls the world...

Today as I was operating the traffic light for the West MI Whitecaps, a father with his two young sons (I am guessing they were 3 and 5), walked by and said the above (my subject line). I think it got me thinking about how differently people perceive the police. Maybe it was him saying that, or maybe it was the car full of teen boys that drove by me making noises like they were having orgasms. Or maybe it was the combination of the two.

Other people were honking and making gestures in my direction as they passed me; I am guessing they thought I made them wait too long at the light. I don't think that people understand that when a police officer is manually operating a traffic light, they can't just press a button to make the light change from red to green immediately. There is actually a cycle that the press of the button initiates, usually ranging from 7 - 20 seconds in length. I mean, really, how could we just switch it immediately? There would be crashes every time the light changed.

In other news, I shot a 52 today on the golf course. Hopefully I can just keep taking shots off my score!

Also, I am getting excited for my jaunt to Seattle with my sister next weekend. I actually leave on Thursday, and I am sure it will be here before I know it.

No comments: