Saturday, July 5, 2008

the olympic superstars

Ok, so I was starting to think that I was a pretty decent runner, biker and swimmer (ok, I am still working on the swimming), and then I started watching the Olympic Trials. OH MY GOSH! Where do they grow these awesome people??

I have of course watched the Olympics before and noticed how great the athletes are, but for some reason it just really struck me the other day. Maybe it is because I watched a woman swim a 300 meter medley in 4:31, and I know that it takes me close to 20 minutes to swim 500 meters. Maybe watching a bunch of women run 5,000 meters (3.11 miles) in 15 minutes when I know it takes me about 30 minutes was what did it. Yes, I feel a little bit wimpy now. I am just in total awe of these people; they are absolutely amazing.

That being said, I am off to try to swim in the lake...

No comments: