Ok, not really all that extreme...I wasn't biking down a cliff or across a glacier or anything amazing like that. No, I was just in Grand Rapids, but there were severe storms here a couple of days ago, and I don't think that there is anyone in charge of cleaning up random bike trails because they are still littered with debris. There were several times when I had to get off my bike and carry it as I navigated carefully over entire trees that had fallen into the path. The area where I was biking was actually a road with one lane for vehicular traffic and the other lane only for bikers. The trees that had fallen were huge and blocked the entire road. Anyway, that was the first time I had ever been on that trail, and I was bummed because I had to turn back at a certain point due to the amount of debris and fallen trees. It just wasn't safe anymore.
Due to the fact that I could not ride on the path I had originally started on, I ended up finding a little feeder path jutting out from my original path. I had no idea where it led, but decided to check it out. It ended up being relatively short and dead ended at a road. I was about to turn around and go back the way I came, but then I noticed an entry to another little pathway across the street. It was beautiful along this path - there was a lake to my left and some really interesting landscaping. I thought that I must be in some kind of park. I biked a little further, and saw an entrance for vehicles so I checked to see if there was a sign. There was indeed a sign and I saw that I was in Millennium Park. I have never been to this park, however keep telling myself that I need to check it out, especially since that is where the triathlon that I will be participating in will be taking place. What a crazy coincidence that I stumbled upon it.
I was able to look at the lake and the beach, and it looks really clean and like it will be an excellent place for a triathlon. I am excited because I talked to an employee there and they said that people do go there to swim laps. I am going to try to swim there a couple of times before my tri.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment