So yesterday was the first day of my LSAT prep class. Almost everyone thinks that I am absolutely insane for driving to Ann Arbor to take this class. I am not going to lie - it is a long drive, however I did not like any of the companies that offered classes here in Grand Rapids, so this is what I get.
The class seems like it will be good because the attorney who is teaching it seems smart and funny. I can't really tell for sure yet, since yesterday we spent three and a half hours taking our first practice LSAT. I did not do very well at all. I bubbled in E for 28 questions because I didn't get to them. I obviously really have to work on time. I got a 149. YIKES! I need some major work! I am not all that worried though, because I have confidence in this class, and I have confidence in myself. Plus, before when I studied for about a week on my own, I was managing to get in the 150s. I think I will be ok...let's hope! I am going to keep a positive attitude because I honestly believe that is half the battle.
Not to make excuses for my poor score, but the room where my prep class is held is right near the kitchen in the hotel, and they were banging things around - I am guessing doing dishes. To top it off, there was music playing in the kitchen, and it was all 80's, so I knew almost every song. It was rather difficult to keep my mind from wandering off into the lyrics of "When I See You Smile" or "Paradise City". I am certain that when I really take the LSAT, Guns and Roses will be strictly prohibited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment