The triathlon is finished. I feel like I did a great job. No, I did not win anything, however I felt really good, and I beat my goal of keeping my time under 1:50.My final time was 1:29:33. I was so excited. The swim was not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, in fact it was probably the easiest part, since I wasn't really trying that hard to push myself. I was so worked up and nervous for the swim that by the time I calmed down and felt like I was actually swimming correctly I only had about 100 meters left. The whole swim went by a lot faster than I thought it would.
I felt like I pushed hard in the bike, but looking back, I probably could have pushed a little harder. I ended up only going 19mph for the average. I felt pretty good during the bike until about 12.5 miles, then I started losing steam. I will have to remember that for next time, and make sure I train a little harder.
The run was the hardest part, but I ran a pretty good 5k time considering that I was already tired from the other legs - 28:28 or something like that.
My transitions were pretty good, the first one was just over 2 minutes, and the second one was just under two minutes.
It was such a great experience, I feel excited to do another one one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment